Careers at Rotamec
Rotamec have long realised that the best way to get the strongest talent into the industry is grow their own and with school leavers looking at other avenues than University to get into full time employment the apprenticeship programme has become an excellent way to achieve this.
Rotamec has taken it upon themselves to forge close working relationship with the local schools and give them the opportunity to work with a forward thinking company.
Students can initially join Rotamec for work experience then if they become an apprentice, they receive a rounded training programme including day release at the local technical college allowing them to obtain a recognised qualification as well as leaning and earning on the job.
There are generally at least three students working their way through an apprenticeship at Rotamec and achieving a thorough grounding in all aspects of the trade.
Each apprentice is appointed a highly experienced mentor with on average 20 years experience and knowledge behind them in the industry, therefore ensuring that their skills and experience are passed on and the apprentice gets the best they possibly can out of the opportunity he or she has been given.
Marketing Assistant – Cheddar
Due to growth, we have a really exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to support the marketing team. This is a brand new role and would suit an aspiring marketing professional looking to secure a unique entry level marketing role.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Support the marketing team with planning, implementing and monitoring marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate data and create reports on the key metrics in order to monitor campaigns efficiently and analyse trends.
- Create and edit content for different platforms such as social media, website and press releases.
- Provide assistant with implementing digital marketing strategies.
- Assist with company software and system updates to enhance customer experience and service (for example, delivery updates, customer portal on the website)
- Administration and project support for a variety of events.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills.
- Problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation abilities.
- Knowledge of analytics software.
- Ability to work closely with other departments and to work independently.
- 28 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Contribution workplace pension scheme.
- Employee awards initiatives .
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Wellness benefits and employee assistance program.
We are an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion.
Branch Manager – Cheddar
The BM is responsible for all aspects of the branch operation and to ensure appropriate financial planning, processes and controls are in place and adhered to. Together with the MD and senior management, the BM will play a full and active part in shaping and implementing the overall group strategy and direction of the business, ultimately driving its profitable growth and development.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure Health and Safety (H&S) is at the forefront of all activities and initiatives, ensuring the branch is fully compliant with all legislation and Rotamec’s H&S policies and procedures.
- Promoting and delivering a QA culture that is fully compliant with Rotamec’s QA procedure and identifying any improvement areas.
- Deliver exceptional customer service in all areas of branch activity.
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans to ensure that profitability levels are equal to or in excess of budget.
- To ensure that the internal sales team achieve orders equal to or in excess of budget.
- To manage the stores systems in order that the group and branch are able to fulfil their operational requirements in a timely and professional manner.
- To ensure the IT systems are maximised to deliver operational efficiencies and support exceptional customer service, and to identify any areas for improvement.
- Production of monthly reports to the board in the agreed format.
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Manage the branch’s personnel.
- This job description is not exhaustive, and the employee may be required to undertake additional tasks as required by the Company.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to build and motivate teams and work across teams.
A team player at all levels within the business.
- A passion to deliver excellent customer service.
- Must be results driven.
- Absolute focus on results and upper quartile performance.
- A positive and ‘can-do’ approach to business.
- The ability to report Branch performance including profit and loss.
- Ability and experience to manage branch expenditure in line with business requirements and agreed budget.