Ecodesign Regulation (EU) 2019/1781 – Step 1 launches today 1st July 2021 across the UK & European Union
New Electric motor efficiency regulations have been updated to help the fight against global warming. The amount of energy consumed by motor-driven systems contributes significantly to CO2 emissions so these changes are essential to a healthier planet.
What are the changes?
* From today 0.12 kW to 0.75kW must meet the minimum energy efficiency standard IE2
* IE3 standard will be extended to 3 phase motors rated from 0.75 to 1000 kW as well as the following;
* 8 pole motors
* 60Hz motors
* Hazardous area motors
* Braked electric motors
* TEAO motors
* Motors with IC418 cooling
What do the changes mean for users of motors within the scope of the Ecodesign directive?
• Motors already in service do not need to be changed
• New motors and VSDs which are in scope and supplied to you on or after July 1 2021, must meet the requirements of the new regulations
• Distributors can supply lower IE rated motors from stock as a direct replacement if placed on the market before 2022
• If you buy motors for use in a manufactured product or system, they must meet the revised regulation
• Motors rated below the required IE can be repaired
Rotamec hold an extensive range of IE3 and IE4 Electric motors available for same and next day delivery. We are committed to stock, supply, service & repair high quality Electric motors form the market leaders. If you have any engineering requirements or would like more information please get in touch today.